With Fiona Duggan, FiD
We’re delighted to welcome Fiona to the conference with her current focus on developing new, productive environments for STEAM activities:
- Engaging with the complexity of emerging requirements for STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Maths).
- Encouraging conversations that address changing patterns in learn, teach, research and impact activities.
- Seeking new ways to define, allocate, use, manage and fund space.
- Creating environments that are welcoming, productive, inter-disciplinary, flexible and (most important of all) provide a strong sense of belonging.
- A collaborative approach from start to finish – because nobody knows as much as everyone.
Fiona Duggan is founding director of FiD, a London-based consultancy set up in 2006. Using a combined background in architecture and organisational psychology, Fiona works at the place where users and buildings meet, seeking ways in which the design and use of space can support academic and/or organisational change. Over the past 33 years she has worked in teaching, research and consultancy roles across more than 200 organisations and institutions.